I love Chinese food and lo mein and fried rice are my favorites! They aren’t the most healthy options and often don’t come vegan friendly, so I decided to make my own! It turned out great, even the 9 year-old I nanny for loved it! It’s super simple to make, it only took about 20 minutes to throw together. It came out to be only 296 calories, 23g of protein, and 58g of carbs (this can be lowered depending on what kind of noodle you use).
Ingredients (for 2 servings)
2 servings of noodles
1 cup broccoli
1 cup edamame
1/4 cup soy sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Boil noodles and rinse with cold water and set aside
- Steam any veggies so they are almost done but still a little cruchy
- Heat oil in pan and add veggies and salt and pepper
- Stir for 3-5 minutes until more tender
- Add noodles and continue to stir for 1-2 minutes
- Add 1/4 – 1/2 cup of soy sauce and stir 1-2 minutes
- (Optional) add sesame seeds and stir for 1 minute
You can obviously add any veggies you want to this, but I used what we had in the fridge, broccoli and edamame are two of my favorites, they soak up flavor really nicely!